American College of Attorneys ® Badges
American College of Attorneys® web badges generates instant prestige, for you and your firm, through the ACA’s incomparable reputation. Only a recipient of an American College of Attorneys award may display these badges on their website and in other promotional materials. The award badge must be used without alterations or modifications and may be used only for the calendar year in which the award is bestowed.
The ACA will grant Lawyer a limited license to display or utilize the ACA brand and badge in accordance with the terms set forth herein. Lawyer’s use of any ACA brand, badge or logo is subject to a limited license by the ACA for such use. The ACA may modify or revoke such license at any time, either with or without any cause.
A Lawyer recognized by the ACA may use ACA badges according to these additional terms:
- To be eligible to display an American College of Attorneys (ACA) badge, Lawyer must be a current ACA member and currently recognized for the honor represented by the badge, i.e., to display a Best of the Bar Badge, Lawyer must be recognized by the ACA as Best of the Bar.
- Lawyer may display the ACA badge on Lawyer’s website. If the badge is posted on Lawyer’s website, the badge should link back to the ACA homepage or other such page designated by the ACA.
- Lawyer may display the ACA badge on the footer of email messages originating from the firm.
- Lawyer may display the ACA badge in print or online marketing presentations for limited distribution.
- Lawyer may display the ACA badge in marketing brochures for limited distribution.
- The badge may not be used in television or billboard advertisements without approval from the ACA in advance of such publication or advertisement.
- Lawyer will not create reprints, e-prints, plaques, lapel pins, or other products containing the ACA brand.
- Lawyer should not use the ACA badge in a way that would imply the ACA’s endorsement of any products or services.
- Lawyer may not edit, alter, or modify the badge or any replica of the badge
- Lawyer understands that the ACA brand and ACA badge represents intellectual property owned by the ACA and/or registered or claimed trademarks with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and that all rights accruing from the use of the mark shall be to the benefit of the ACA.
- Lawyer shall indemnify, defend, and hold the ACA, and their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated and related companies, and the directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives of each of them (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against, any and all liabilities, obligations, demands, causes of action, claims, judgments, settlements, losses, damages, injuries, costs or expenses (“Losses”), relating either directly or indirectly to, or arising from, Lawyer’s breach of these terms, Lawyer’s use of the Badge(s), the purchase and/or use of the Lawyer’s products or services by one or more consumers or customers, and/or the Law Firm’s business, activities, products, and operations, including but not limited to programs and services advertised by Lawyer using the Badge(s).
- THE ACA MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR ARISING BY CUSTOM OR TRADE USAGE HEREUNDER AND, SPECIFICALLY, MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ADEQUACY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE LIABILITY OF THE ACA, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AFFILIATED AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM, FOR ANY ACT, ERROR, OR OMISSION FOR WHICH THEY MAY BE HELD LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY THE LAW FIRM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. IN ANY DISPUTE OF ANY KIND RELATING TO THE ACA, JURISDICTION AND VENUE SHALL BE IN SEMINOLE COUNTY, FLORIDA. ACA SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES HEREUNDER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE COSTS OF DESIGNING, PRODUCING AND DISTRIBUTING LAW FIRM’S ADVERTISING AND MARKETING MATERIALS.
- Upon notice from ACA, the license granted hereunder is void, and Law Firm will immediately cease all uses of the ACA brand or ACA badge.
I further certify that am currently recognized by the ACA for the honor represented by the Badge that I am selecting